ISO 22000 Overview
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management is an international standard that defines the requirements of a food safety
management system for food safety and hygiene covering all organisations within the entire food chain.
What is ISO 22000 Food Safety Management?
ISO 22000 standard is a truly international food safety standards suitable for any food business including
inter-related organisations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and
ISO 22000:2005 is also for companies seeking to integrate their ISO9001, Quality Management system and their food safety management system.
The standard combines generally recognised key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain including; –
• Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programmes and HACCP plans.
• Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system.
• Interactive communication.
• Give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls and food safety standards.
• Put these hazard controls in place across your supply chain for food safety and hygiene.
• Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities within the organisation.
• Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective.